Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins

Sunday, October 4, 2009
Okay I'll come out and admit it. This was the first time I have ever made blueberry muffins. Shocking, right?

Unfortunately I wasn't very prepared and had only about 3 oz of blueberries on hand.

But I was able to half a recipe I found and still make them. It only yielded 6 muffins which was very disappointing. These muffins were unique
because they were cinnamon blueberry muffins.
And that cinnamon really make all the difference.

I've eaten blueberry muffins before, but these beat all the rest! They could actually be just delicious on their own or with another add in. They are moist and dense. They definitely are my new got-to muffin=)

I tweaked the recipe below, but added the link for the original. I had to half the recipe and change one or two ingredients. I didn't melt the butter (not a personal choice, it's just I skipped over that part) and I used buttermilk instead of whole milk.

Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
from epicurious

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 buttermilk
1/2 large egg
3/4 all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 oz (or so) blueberries

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F. Put liners in muffin cups.

Whisk together butter, brown sugar, milk, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries gently.

Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.

Only suggestion, DON'T half the recipe like I did. DOUBLE IT!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment