Pioneer Woman Pizza

Sunday, February 21, 2010
I had first had this pizza at a family party at my aunt's house. I scarfed it down immediately and was in love. She told me all about her pioneer woman cookbook and that she used her recipe. So it inspired me to do it myself; make homemade pizza!

I wasn't able to work in the olive as well as I hoped, but it didn't matter in the end.


This honestly was the best homemade pizza dough ever! So so so so so so easy! I don't even have a stand mixer. All this was done by hand. I am so excited about this new recipe and will be using it all the day. It was a huge hit!


I am now a huge
Pioneer Woman Fan! Anyone try her cinnamon roll recipe? It looks incredible, especially the glaze with the coffee!!!

Pioneer Woman Pizza Dough

From
The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Ingredients:

4 cups flour

1 1/2 cups water

1 teaspoon yeast

1/3 cup olive oil


TO MAKE THE CRUST:


Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water.

In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.


Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it. ***It’s best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.


For my toppings:
I had store bought pesto and smothered it all over. Maybe a little too much because it leaked over the sides, but amazingly the dough didn't get all soggy! Then slices of mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. DELISH! Also, I probably could have cooked it another minute or so, but it was still good!

5 comments:

  1. Plain Chicken said...:

    I made this same recipe last night. I made the crust on Sunday and used it on Thursday night. I made it round and topped it with turkey pepperoni and mushrooms. We loved it.

    Your pizza looks great!

  1. Sherry G said...:

    Good to know the dough keeps! I still have my other half in the fridge because we only had time to make one. Thanks for the comment!

  1. Cassie said...:

    Okay, I'm making this. SOON. This exact version. I love these toppings!

  1. CookTeen said...:

    mhmm pizza! nothing kills a craving like the homemade stuff!

  1. Unknown said...:

    I made the cinnamon roll recipe. It was so easy and so delicious! Be careful; this recipe makes a lot and you'll be tempted to eat it all. It can probably be frozen but my family ate it all in about 3 days.

Post a Comment