Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls!!!

Friday, April 16, 2010
CINNAMON ROLLS!

Pictures first, then my post. I wrote this all the way back on Easter Sunday. So, it's definitely been a while. Just as an FYI, my musical is over, and I'll have more time for blogging and baking. Our show went fantastic. We wee told by just about everyone who came to see it that it was the best one our school has put on. Ever. We couldn't be happier to hear these wonderful reviews. Musical has been probably the greatest thing I've done this school year, and I am so thankful to everyone involved. We have our big cast party Sunday and I can tell there will be laughter and tears will be shed!


I love this new rubber brush soo much!

Not nearly enough cinnamon!


That's much better=)


This Easter break has been completely gorgeous! I don't know how it's been where you live, but here in Pittsburgh, nothing but sun. And I have been taking advantage of it. Although it makes baking anything difficult because I'm so tempted to be outside enjoying myself! Of course I allow myself to have fun first and foremost, and then I add in sometime for baking.

Because tomorrow is Easter, a special breakfast is in order. I'll just cut to the chase and say, "Yes. I am finally making the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls." And I could not be happier. I am making the dough the night before so then in the morning they can be assembled, baked, and eaten fresh from the oven!


I woke up at 8 in the morning to have these ready for my family. Yeah, I'm a good daughter/sister=) We were able to eat these beauties before mass. And thank goodness, because I would never have been able to wait knowing these were sitting at home!

The rolls came out smaller than when I use my usual recipe, but not bad at all. The most interesting part of this was the glaze. It uses coffee and maple syrup. Quite different from the go-to cream cheese one I like, but definitely worth the try! This was a really nice cinnamon rolls recipe. The rolls came out wonderfully and just perfect for Easter breakfast. I still have really strong ties to my Momma's recipe, so this may not become my go-to cinnamon rolls recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Julie said...:

    Beautiful cinnamon rolls! Yum! Yum!!

    I remember the play in high school. We did Gypsy, so fun! I still remember today and that has been a few years ago :)

  1. Plain Chicken said...:

    Those are the best cinnamon rolls and they aren't too hard to make - love them!

  1. Pamela said...:

    They look amazing...especially with all of that cinnamon on there. I made PW's cinnamon rolls about a month or so and really, really loved them!

  1. Mary Bergfeld said...:

    Sherry, I found your blog by chance, but will visit much more often. You are already a good cook and have the time and desire you need to become a great one. I love your blog. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

  1. Chef Aimee said...:

    These look delicious!!!

Post a Comment