Bread In Five Minutes A Day

Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm getting behind on my posting again...=( This is never a good thing. But I have big news. I've started doing some bread baking! And it's so amazing. Fresh bread at your fingertips is a great feeling.


I was inspired to do this by my aunt Nancy who owns the book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The book is genius and I completely recommend it. The book makes making homemade, fresh bread a breeze. It simplifies the process with NO KNEADING. You heard me. Absolutely no kneading is necessary. It uses a single "cloaking" (folding) method that takes all of 30-60 seconds.


So my aunt allowed me to borrow this book from her and I couldn't wait to get started. I loved reading through all the different kinds of bread recipes given in the book, but I knew for my first time (as is recommended) I should stick to
the "master" recipe. It is a simple boule style bread that is your average and easy to make artisan bread. Now the fact that it is the simplest or considered the basic recipe does not mean it is any less delicious.


The bread turned out great! I felt like I didn't even do anything to make it. I just slapped it all together and shoved and in the oven and voila! I couldn't get enough of it. The book suggests letting it sit and there for the bread flavor to develop and the crust and inside to form the proper texture. But who can resist warm bread nice and hot from the oven? Not anyone in my family! We scarfed it down immediately! I thought I would maybe put some spreads on the bread or make sandwiches, but it was just so darn good with butter. Bread and butter. A match made in heaven. Simplicity at its finest.


I am excited to try some other doughs as well. I have only made the basic boule, but the bagel and brioche doughs sound incredible. Unfortunately, my aunt is asking for her book back and I won't have the recipes anymore=( But I think I will just buy the book. It really is that amazing. I can't wait to make more recipes from this book and show you how the turn out!

A bit of an overflow...

If this post really interests you and you have always wanted to be able to make fresh bread fast and easily, consider buying this book. You won't regret it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment