I made these super fast one day to use up the obnoxious amount of bananas we had. I didn't try too many of them as I was making them for a friend, but I liked this recipe. I'm not too sure, but I don't think I'm a huge banana fan. I don't bake with them too often, but when I do, the items aren't always amazing to me compared to other things. I really wish I baked with apple more, but the task of chopping and slicing apples always seems so time consuming or difficult. I really need to get over that and do it anyways.
A side note: I'm reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time. Anyone out there read it? Love it or hate it? I actually surprised myself. I really like it. I started reading with a mindset that I wasn't going to like it, but surprisingly I really do!
Also, For the past week or so I have been having a really hard time with applying to colleges and it has been very frustrating for me. With all the other activities I am involved in I have very little time to do much else and unfortunately college apps are pushed to the back. But I did managed to finish one application to the University of Pittsburgh. And I just got my letter from them today and.................. I GOT IN!!! It is really such a relief after the unbelievably emotionally stressful week I have been having. Pitt is my almost number 1 choice. It's slightly behind the University of Dayton, at the moment. SO, I can't rejoice just yet, as I still need to send some apps to a few more places. But, YAY!!!!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
found at Sugarcrafter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 ounces chocolate chips
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and sugar.
3. In another medium bowl, combine the oil, egg, and milk.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually until combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean .