Sweet Sausage in a Creamy Red Sauce

Monday, November 9, 2009
This is a lame recipe but I decided to share it anyway. Nothing special here. But its a nice sausage meal with a cream sauce that's also a red sauce. A perfect combination I think. And who doesn't love caramelized onions?



Go and get it:
olive oil
butter
5 links sweet sausage, cut into coins
1 large green pepper
3 medium onions

To begin:
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter until nice and hot. Add sausage. allow them to not quite brown on both sides. Then add onions, cut into rings. Add pepper, cut into long slices. Cook as long as sausage is cooked but not burnt. I cooked it for quite awhile because I like really soft veggies.



Creamy Red Sauce

1 1/2- 2 cups of your favorite red sauce (we had a ton of marinara on hand and it worked lovely)
1 1/2 dollops of sour cream

Heat the red sauce and then add sour cream. Alter to taste.




Okay, so as a side note: I love Taylor Swift and of course I watched her on SNL this weekend. So here's a clip of her giving her opening monologue (song). Enjoy!


1 comments:

  1. Lauren K. said...:

    I think I am going to try this dish with hot sausage.

Post a Comment