Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
I made this in less than five minutes. And it was the best cream cheese I've ever had. I had 10 minutes before my bus came in the morning, and I had bagel flats and no cream cheese. I had a piece of a block, but I wouldn't have liked plain cream cheese, yuck. But, there was some pumpkin puree lingering in my fridge. And an idea sparked. I've always eyed up this recipe over at Pinch My Salt, and I just had to make it. So at top speed I whipped this up before my bus came.


The spices were fabulous. I've had pumpkin cream cheese before at Brueggers, but this homemade version was so much better! It really is the spices because I could hardly taste it in Brueggers version. The consistency for me was pretty runny; not like water, but not a spreadable type thing either. This didn't make me love it any less though!


My only complaint: I needed more! I will definitely make this again soon. I could attribute there not being enough to the fact that a use three times the suggested serving size for a bagel. But you can you blame me?!?! Well, you won't once you try this for yourself. Get to it!


Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

from
Pinch My Salt

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. In a small bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and syrup til creamy.
2. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla and beat til smooth.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Enjoy!

1 comments:

  1. Monet said...:

    Sherry, This does sound heavenly. I would love to bake some cinnamon bagels and then serve them with this cream cheese. Maybe I will give that a try tomorrow. I need to bake! And thank you for your warm words today on my blog. They mean a lot to me (and to my family)

Post a Comment