Strawberry Cream Cheese

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I know you don't believe me, but I swear I have some Fall recipes coming up! Soon this strawberry will be replaced with pumpkin and all will be right with the world=)


It's kind of surprising I've been posting anything at all. Blame it on an injury=/ I haven't played volleyball for two weeks now! I some how messed up my knee after one of our games and no one knows what wrong. After some massage therapy, I'm doing better and should be back in it soon! For now, I still go to games but it's just not the same. I've keep busy with school, though. I'm basically single-handedly planning homecoming, homecoming week, the homecoming pep rally, and anything else that has to do with it. It's a lot. Of course I have help, which is nice.

Okay now onto food...



This isn't a recipe so much as something I wanted to try. I love making dips and spreads. Call it a crazy obsession. They have some kind of hold over me. My mom had bagels in the house and no cream cheese. I believe they call that a sin. (JK mom, I'm sure Amy just ate all of it before I could... grr...) Anyways, we had regular cream cheese, but I just have to have some flavor in it! So I took some strawberries and got creative. Introducing: Homemade Strawberry Cream Cheese


Strawberry Cream Cheese
from Me


4 oz cream cheese

1/2 chopped strawberries

1/2 tsp vanilla

sprinkle of cinnamon if you wish (I did)
In hindsight, I should have added brown sugar. Duhhh.

I guess I thought this was an artistic shot? Yepp, just shove a piece of bagel in and it'll look great!

3 comments:

  1. Reeni said...:

    This looks insanely delicious! And it's very timely - I had a hankering for strawberry butter today - cream cheese sounds even better!

  1. Monet said...:

    Wow! Now I just need a bowl of this cream cheese and a freshly baked bagel. Yummy! I'm so sorry that you have been injured. My husband got hurt playing soccer last week, and he has been on the mend too. Feel better and thank you for sharing!

  1. Ingrid_3Bs said...:

    I love compound butters and cream cheese! Nice job.
    ~ingrid

Post a Comment