White Chocolate Halloween Bark: 2 Ways

Sunday, October 31, 2010
So far it's 1:15 and I'm still at my family party. We're going around the room playing a game we created.

Celebrity Name Game
Rules:

1) You must use the first letter of the last name of the previous player's answer.

2) If the first letter of the first name corresponds with the first letter of the last name, it will reverse to the previous player's turn (i.e.- Bob Barker). (Doing the Kardashian family made this pretty fun)

3) If the player is unable to come up with a name, they will receive an X. Three X's will result in expulsion from the game.

4) One name celebrities are allowed and result in skipping the next player's turn.

5) If the player needs help thinking of a name, they can ask for help and the other player will now be in possession of the game.

6) No fictional characters.


Oh man, we get wild.

This is our annual Halloween party and that means creative food for sure. I already knew my aunt was making a cheesecake and someone else was making cookies, so where do I go? Halloween is a great time of year for candy making, so I went with something I've never tried.


Of course I went with white chocolate bark as opposed to pure chocolate. It's still hard to imagine that I made a almost purely chocolate treat. A nd you know what? Bark is awesome. Just melt some chocolate and throw whatever the heck you want in it. It's classy meets sassy. It's such a ghetto dessert too. I guess bark is really anything you want it to be. Which is great. That's not to say bark easily conforms; far from it. Bark is a class all it's own. Okay, enough talk about bark and it's personality. Just go eat it.



White Chocolate Halloween Bark


Variation #1:
14 ounces white chocolate
Chopped up Oreos
Chopped up Kit Kats
Reese's Pieces

Variation #2:
14 ounces white chocolate
Chopped up Snickers
Toffee Bits
Nonpareil beads

Milk chocolate- for drizzling

1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the white chocolate in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave the bowl in 30 second increments. Start with 1/4 the batch of white chocolate and add 1/4 after each 30 second "nuke". Stir until creamy.
3. Let the white chocolate cool for a minute or two. Stir to make sure it doesn’t harden. Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread it with a spatula until it is about 3/8 inch thick.
4. Sprinkle your candy choices over the white chocolate.
5. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over top.
6. Let the chocolate cool and harden. (Place in the refrigerator if necessary)
7. Once the chocolate is set and hard, break bark into pieces.


Which one did I like better... hmmm... It's so hard to pick! I really liked the oreo one, (because I'm OBSESSED with oreos), but the snickers toffee was soooo good too. It's a tie to be honest!


Oh, and this is me and the boyfff. Zeus and Hera anyone? I made him wear that smelly old beard and wig I found in a box in my attic. He''ll do anything to please me=) I didn't make him wear it the whole time. I'm nice like that hehe.

3 comments:

  1. Monet said...:

    You two are just adorable! Quite a stunning pair (even behind that beard!) I love making "Bark" during the holidays...but I've never tried a Halloween version. This is on my list for next October!

  1. Ingrid_3Bs said...:

    lol, My first thought was Santa and a Greek goddess! :)

    You're so right bark is very versatile and ya gotta love how easy it is to whip up.
    ~ingrid

  1. Sherry G said...:

    A lot of people thought Santa too.. sigh haha. We knew we should have gotten him a lightning bolt for him to hold!

    Thanks for the compliments!

Post a Comment