A bit of catching up

Thursday, August 6, 2009
So I have a bit of old business to attend to. First off, a long long time ago (like three weeks), I made these delicious drumsticks! My cooked marinade sauce didn't get thick at all, but it was extremely wonderful! They tasted barbeque-y, I loved the darker spots=), and a bit asian-y with the addition of sesame seeds. We had brown rice with it and I pretty much soaked mine with the cooked marinade sauce. Over all, 3 thumbs up.

Sweet & Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
from Tracey's Culinary Adventures

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 fresh rosemary sprigs
5 garlic cloves, halved
10 to 12 chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

Combine the vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves in a large, resealable plastic bag. Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar. Add the chicken to the bag and seal, squeezing out as much air from them as possible. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Remove the chicken drumsticks from the bag, reserving the marinade, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the skin is caramelized and very dark in spots, 30 to 35 minutes.

Meanwhile place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes.

Use a pastry brush to brush some of the cooked marinade on the cooked chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the sesame seeds and chopped parsley before serving.

Then there was the lemon cream pie. I made this while staying at my grandma's house. That said, I couldn't make anything too sophisticated with my left over lemon curd, (like a slew of lemon cookie type recipes I was looking at). She had limited ingredients and I didn't want to make her pay for a bunch of expensive items I'd need. So I settled on a harmless and easy to make lemon cream pie. I did need to buy a pie crust, and yes it was just your store bought graham cracker crust. Like I said earlier, I didn't have much to work with. Then all else I had to buy was some whipping cream.

I didn't use a recipe really, just the rest of my lemon curd (1 1/2-2 cups left maybe??), which into I folded 1 cup of whipping cream (which I beat until stiff enough), and a store bought pie crust to put it in. No fancy topping and I wouldn't put whipped cream on it since it's already in it. Then I just let it chill over night. Simple.


0 comments:

Post a Comment