Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Monday, August 10, 2009
Wow what a terrible picture. But it's either this or nothing. So yeah I made cottage cheese pancakes for no reason really except that I had some cottage cheese. After looking through dozens of recipes, I basically chose the simplest recipe I could find. This recipe does use yogurt and luckily I had some I was trying to use up. Unfortunately it was french vanilla flavored, which is normally a good thing, except in this case. I really didn't like the 'fake-ish' tasting vanilla flavor the pancakes gave because of that. So I wasn't a big fan of the yogurt. That said, I think it was a pretty good outcome otherwise. My mom ate hers with applesauce on them and she said it was mighty tasty. I just used butter(which tasted weird against the vanilla for some reason), syrup, and eventually added some powered sugar to my last one.

Although the recipe called for small-curd, I used large. I had no real problems or anything. In fact, while you're eating them you'll find a random curd and it's like a soft little cheese pocket. Good stuff.


Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Makes about 16 pancakes

1 cup yogurt or sour cream
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
4 eggs
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar

Mix together yogurt, cottage cheese and eggs until well combined. Fold in flour and sugar until no flour streaks remain. Batter will be thick.

Butter a pancake griddle and heat to medium. Use a ladle or a large spoon to form pancakes. When bubbles form and start to pop on the top, flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or two.


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I made blueberry pancakes with the leftover batter, and they were very tasty! Of course, lots of whipped cream always helps, too.

    Mom

Post a Comment